Welcome to the official website for the Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Programs (AGLSP)! Our 80+ member institutions, as well as our alumni and our students holding individual membership, are deeply committed to the value of interdisciplinary education in the liberal arts and sciences. Although we welcome students of all ages, our member programs have historically catered to working adults who bring significant life experience to the learning process, and who have demonstrated their commitment to lifelong learning. The wonderful mix of students from so many walks of life provides a rich base for meaningful dialogue and deep learning, and we are appreciative of the opportunity work with them. Our member programs offer a full range of graduate options (certificate, master’s, doctoral), so if you are interested in those pursuits, we invite you to join us!
On behalf of the Executive Board, I am writing today with updates about our activity during the first quarter of 2017. It has been an incredibly busy time, with many changes and challenges to navigate so we thought it would be useful to inform the membership of recent developments and to update you on our plan for moving forward. Read More
The AGLSP is the professional organization of academic programs providing graduate interdisciplinary education in the liberal arts and sciences. The Association provides a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among the administrators of programs granting degrees that are interdisciplinary in nature and adhere to the values of liberal arts education.
Confluence is a national, peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal published by the AGLSP that reflects the best scholarly and creative work produced by faculty, students, and alumni/ae of AGLSP member institutions. Its broad scope includes scholarly essays and creative work such as short stories, poetry, creative nonfiction, and visual art. Confluence is a free-access journal; however, institutional membership in AGLSP is required for submission to and publication in the journal. Click here to learn more.
- Apr 11, 2017 Welcome New Members 2017! Apr 11, 2017
- Mar 16, 2017 3rd Annual Texas Graduate Liberal Studies Symposium - July 8, 2017 Mar 16, 2017
- Feb 17, 2017 AGLSP National Honor Society New Chapter Feb 17, 2017
- Jan 31, 2017 2017 Confluence Student Writing Award Nominations Deadline February 28, 2017 Jan 31, 2017
- Jan 31, 2017 2017 Regional Graduate Liberal Studies Conference - Call for Proposals Jan 31, 2017
- Jan 16, 2017 Confluence News – Call For Papers & New Special Section! Jan 16, 2017
- December 2016
- Nov 1, 2016 Report of the 2016 AGLSP Annual Conference and Business Meeting Nov 1, 2016
AGLSP National Office
c/o University of Oklahoma
1700 Asp. Ave., Suite 126
Norman, Oklahoma 73072