The pre-conference workshop, dedicated to the nuts and bolts of directing Graduate Liberal Studies programs, is an annual event held before the Annual Conference. Intended for established and new programs, seasoned and new administrators and faculty, participants come away with concrete ideas and methods for their programs. A few comments from the 2011 workshop:
- It was very helpful to hear what other GLS programs are doing, problems they’re having (similar to my own), and ideas they have for the future.
- Great content; all presenters were well-prepared; topics timely and salient.
- Good balance of presentations and table discussions.
The 2012 workshop will offer a variety of formats — panels, presentations, case studies — to facilitate interaction among participants.
Program — Thursday, October 18, 2012
Well Begun: Intro Courses and Other Foundational Strategies
Keeping Your Program Strong
– Dealing with Administrative, Faculty, and Student Challenges
– Making Full Use of AGLSP Resources
Learning as We Go: The GLS Director as Marketer
Innovations & Trends: New Directions