Confluence Writing Award Recipients
During the AGLSP conference banquet each October, in a formal award ceremony, the Association celebrates two current or recent graduate students of member programs for excellence in writing.
The 2013 recipients are:
- Jackson Shultz (Dartmouth College) for excellence in creative writing for “Transforming Relationships: An Oral History of Transgender Experiences in Love and Romance”
- Kenneth Mumma (Villanova University) for excellence in interdisciplinary writing for “Law for the Chosen: Levitical Interpretation and the Homosexual Prohibitions”
The winning entries are published in the Fall 2013 issue of Confluence, and often a good number of the other entries are published there as well, so the annual writing awards process provides a great opportunity to bring the best critical and creative writing being done in member programs before a wider audience. The winners each receive $500.
Nominations are due January 31, 2014.
If you have any questions or would like to brainstorm with editor Ken Smith about how to involve your program, feel free to call: 574-520-4173. Check out 2014 Confluence Award Guidelines for the deadline and other requirements.
Latest News & Events
- Welcome New Members
- 2014 Annual Conference – Revolutions: Past, Present, and Future – Call for Papers Due June 1st!
- Annual Faculty Award – Nominations Due March 31, 2014!
- Confluence Writing Award Recipients
- USC Urban Biology Course Visits Habitat Restoration Sites